• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can an unmodded th7II do pc1066?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

12Majestic

As stated above. I'm thinking of getting some pc1066 but I'm not sure if it will work with this board. I wouldn't mind doing the drcg thing but my skills with a soldering iron are questionable at best and I don't know anyone else capable of doing it either. Any help would be much appreciated!

As always, it depends on many things, but isn't guaranteed.
That being said, my TH7-II (no raid) with the ICS 9212-03 (400 Mhz) DRCGs has been running 2-256MB Samsung, 16-device (low density) sticks at 4x133=533/PC1066 since April.
I have added 2 80mm fans on slot brackets, one blowing on the GF4 and Northbridge area, 1 blowing on the DRCGs/Rimms.
Haven't tried any higher, running my 1.6A at 1.50vcore, 2.1G and it's plenty fast.
I figure if anything comes out that needs more, I'll be able to play with it in the future.
Also, read some of the other/older posts here and at HOCPs "Strictly Intel" forum, people have gotten up to 4x 140+, a couple even 4x150, although those are few and far between.
Mike G

I'm running the same basic setup as gin is...I actually use a desk fan sitting about 2 feet away from my box, blowing in at an angle towards the PSU. The only time I've ever had trouble is when I've been pushing the system a whole lot (burning a CD, running a benchmark, and converting mp3's to .wavs--I was in a "let's see what it can do" mood) and then it just restarted on me...never had any trouble doing normal tasks, like playing JKII

Back