• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP/PCI Lock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grumpycrab

I'm after a good value o/c Intel DDR motherboard.
To make o/c easy(?) I want one where you can fix the agp/pci bus speed.

This seems to be a feature not much discussed (perhaps it's too obvious?).

Suggestions please? I have Abit BD7 and Epox 4BDA2 and/or 4SDA (?) so far. Is that all?

Thanks
--
Grumps

Epox 4sda is a good motherboard but you can go also for a giabyte 8srx mobo.It's fast,good overclock ability and very cheap.It has AGP/PCI fixed values so you don't exceed the specifications of your hardware.

lol it happens to the best of us........ Personally for a board with agp and pci lock (i hope your stil llooking as if your not then i am going to be writing this for no particular reason... but that's okay :beer: ) i woudl reccomend to you the asus p4s533 or the epox 4g4a+ both are good boards...

Darryl_D said:
lol it happens to the best of us........ Personally for a board with agp and pci lock (i hope your stil llooking as if your not then i am going to be writing this for no particular reason... but that's okay :beer: ) i woudl reccomend to you the asus p4s533 or the epox 4g4a+ both are good boards...

Yer, I'm still looking... will be until I've worked out how to get a new system into the house without arising suspicions from fellow householder...

Anyway, from what I can see, the p4s533 uses the SIS645 chipset and I thought the AGP/PCI can only be locked on Intel chipsets? Also, can ram and cpu vcore be changed from the BIOS?

I already have the 4G4A+ on my list...don't know when the UK gets it though :(

--
Grumps

Back