• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JReedNet

Registered
I have 3 sticks of DDR, all kingston, 3 diffrent sizes, all same spec (2100 non-ecc)

But Things worn't work:
128 Stick - Works Alone
256 Stick - Works Alone
512 Stick - Works Alone
128+512 - Works, but windows welcome screen never comes up
256+512 - Bad RAM Beep from MB
128+256 - Worked

The thing is, the 256 stick isn't mine and has to leave soon, the 128 and the 512 are what I want together.

As far as I understand, they should work together.
System supports four banks of unbuffered DDR memory and eight banks of registered DDR memory. When using unbuffered DDR, use single-sided modules to populate beyond the first two sockets.

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurat...r=0&submit=Find

What motherboard?
Sounds like maybe increasing the memory voltage .1 or .2 over default might do it or using slower memory timings.

Placid said:
What motherboard?
Sounds like maybe increasing the memory voltage .1 or .2 over default might do it or using slower memory timings.

If you are not even o/cing the system adn the memory is crapping out a stick speeds I would RMA it. Also check it in someone elses computer to make sure that its not your MB that is casuing the conflcit.

Its a Abit KG-7 (Non-RAID)

I also have problems with video not initializing during window's restarts (boot ups and mb restarts work.)

I think it might be the motherboard, which is why I'm fixin' to buy another one.

To whomever said rma the ram: The sticks work fine individually

I am going to test all three combos on a Biostar M7VIB

Back