• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair vs ocz vs smasung pc3200???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

millertime

Im looking for a 512mb stick of pc3200 ddr ram. samsung, ocz, and corsair all have pc3200 models out. Wich one would overclock the highest and be all around best. thanks

Metallica Rules

I'd say the Corsair would be the best followed by the Samsung.
Many ppl would tell you to keep away from the ocz memory.
Just my opinion.

Whatever you do, stay away from OCZ, they were proven to be a sham, I wish I had the link...

At PC 3200, Id say that it doesnt make much of a difference, because its rated at 200 MHz anyways, and I dont think the performance differences at the same speed would make much of a difference. The Samsung would be significantly cheaper than the Corsair, and Corsair's make theirs from Samsung chips anyways :D

Yeah but the samsung could probably come close to the corsair, and be a lot cheaper. just hypothesizing thats all

If you guys go back out to the forum youll see that I posted the sham as well as a DDR shootout. I personally think I will go with Samsung since it has been excellent for me with my P4. I realize it has nothing to do with the AMD platform, but it seems that the huge financial backing may in fact be helping the R&D efforts. I have always purchased Crucial/Micron and even Nanya on ocassion.

They all use the same Samsung chips. To a great extent it is the luck of the draw on getting a highly overclockable stick. The heat spreaders have little if anything to do with this, contrary to what the manufactures would like you to think!

I'd definitely go with Corsair. When it comes to overclocking, they are top notch, and are rock-solid stable. And stability is where it counts at high fsb speeds. :cool:

Only negative side of Corsair is their high pricing, but you get what you pay for

Samsung! They have to be a sweet manufacture for ram. As far as I'm concerned doesn't Corsair use Samsung chips?

if you decide to go with ocz, ask the retailer what kind of chips are on the dimm. If ya dont wanna do that, stay away from it.

get the pc3000 it will save you a couple bucks and there is no reason why you would not gbe able to get the same oc as the 3200 if you just increase the voltage. i mean, unless you plan on running like 220 fsb, then get the 3000

Continuum83 said:
with the corsair, would PC3000 CAS2.0, or PC3200 CAS2.5 be better?

Good question, I would think IMHO that pc3200 would be better, because even though the latency is a little more, the increased bandwidth would win, sort of like how rdram does it, the brute force approach.

webmedic said:
Na the slower latency kills the bandwidth advantage. So stick with cas 2 if you can find it.

Not totally true, people have to hit CAS2.5 @ around 200fsb and they trade it in for around 170ish CAS2 and their memory scores are huge.

Yodums

wait i have a question. if that corsair pc3000 stuff is rated cas2.0 at 185mhz FSB, then if you have your fsb at that speed, then you would be able to run the ram at 2.55v (default voltage)?

If so that is awesome and i may have to save up some money to get that stuff

I think ill wait for the motherboards that actually use pc3200 before I buy pc3200 ram. Im guessing it will be cheaper by then

Back