• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4b266 bios bites!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

powers2002

Registered
got a p4b266 and the amount of different setting/features seem to be somewhat skimpy...my question is how long do they usually keep producing bios updates for m/b's and do they eventually add new features?
Or should i just start looking around for a better board

Well the P4B266 is one amazing board.. I don't know what else you could ask for.. I can go up to 159MHz 100% stable.. Yesterday I got a P4B533 and it's even better with fixed PCI and AGP clocks.. and goes up to 1.95v without mod.. You can increase the voltage on everything...

Well the P4B266 is one amazing board.. I don't know what else you could ask for..

Memory multiplier options over 133Mhz on the FSB :D The chipset can support it, what's the hold up?

We've been waiting a long time for Asus to add more options for the P4B26 series boards and it don't look like it's gonna happen. If your looking for new options I'd get a new board, The Epox 4bda2 is based on the 845D chipset too and it lets you run the memory at a 3:4 or 1:1 ratio regardless of FSB speed and I belive it's got a PCI/AGP lock too. What kinda features are you looking for anyway?

The P4B533 is the answer to all your questions.. except the higher mult for the memory.. but it runs at 166.. and 200 bus with default PCI and AGP.. Fixed..

I dont know it dosnt seem like there all that different to me i'll have to download the manual to be sure.. I mean i have heard if you set the mem to turbo1 it locks the PCI/AGP on the p4b266
Anyway i guess i just expected more from a board that boasts "FOR EXTREME OVERCLOCKING!" but i guess i cant bich either it does work very well...... on the other hand always wanted to try an epox:eh?:

I've read arguements about the Turbo1 setting locking the PCI/AGP bus, it seems to lock is a little over spec at 36/72 from the tests I've seen.

Back