• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help choosing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chrisdafu

I cant make up my mind if it would be better to have 2 256meg sticks of crucial PC2100 or 1 256meg stick of samsung PC2700 both from newegg since I heard newegg is the only place selling real samsung. It will be going into a Epox 8kha+ and I will be running a duron 1.0 for now and a XP2100+ later.
Thanks
Chris

I'm running cheapo Micron stuff in both my 8KHA+s: they don't seem to be too sensitive- one is at 165 fsb and the other was, but summer heat has got me backing it down, unfortunately.
I'd say the determining factor should be what you want to do with the system: ultimate OC, or running fancy games and graphics?

For the ultimate OC, go with the faster ram and 256, but for power hungry programs you will probably get more benefit from more ram than a few extra mhz.

If you're looking to upgrade in the near future, go w/ the PC2700.
I just added a 256mb stick of Mushkin pc3000. Have no regrets about it.

You'll soon find that in a year or so, pc2100 will be considered "slow memory" what will all the new mobos and pc technology we're seeing.:)

I am mostly gonna be playing games but also wanna overclock. Anyone have any good or bad experiences with cruical ram and overclocking?

go for the newegg 1 - 512 Samsung 2700 if you can afford it. Overclclocks very well.

Back