• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mr. Natural >>> Step in PLEASE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MaXimus667

Registered
Hi dude. I know you are busy and all.....

but are you working on a 1.85V / fixed CBI BIOS?

and if so....when is the expected time to release it? :)

thanks dude.

MaXimus667 said:
Hi dude. I know you are busy and all.....

but are you working on a 1.85V / fixed CBI BIOS?

and if so....when is the expected time to release it? :)

thanks dude.

you could always do the wire trick, but i've been waiting for that BIOS too for a long time, hopefully he'll deliver :D

I believe he has explained numerous times that this would require way too much time to overcome the built in alarm and thus he has decided not to bother with it.

TC said:
I believe he has explained numerous times that this would require way too much time to overcome the built in alarm and thus he has decided not to bother with it.

hmmm....

then how did the previous modded 1.85V BIOSes overcome the alarm? :rolleyes:

MaXimus667 said:

hmmm....

then how did the previous modded 1.85V BIOSes overcome the alarm? :rolleyes:
There aren't any bios versions that have allowed for 1.85 that I know of. The hacked "77" bios for the TH7II allows for up to 1.75, but the actual is always lower than that. Wiring the pins will get you 1.85 manually, and that also tricks the bios into opening up higher options up to 2.1 or 2.2.

MaXimus667 said:

EXACTLY.....what r u talking about TC?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I've got 39C on my board right now, and without the pin wire mod the max setting in my bios is 1.75. With the older bios versions it was 1.65 max. Maybe my board has a problem though.

I've used both the 39c and the 40b on my Abit TH7-II. Both allow up to 1.85 V to be set in the BIOS. And THAT is what MrN. explained several times.

TC said:
I've got 39C on my board right now, and without the pin wire mod the max setting in my bios is 1.75. With the older bios versions it was 1.65 max. Maybe my board has a problem though.

i dunno, u have some problem with ur motherboard.....

but the 39C, and 40B have 1.85V with NO MOD whatsoever....all my friends use them too...
heh

Well this is a really old board (first release I believe) and it is also the board that my northwood died in from over volting, so there's no telling. I never saw 1.85 as an option until I wired the pins.

The old hacked "77" BIOS allowed 1.85v BIOS settings for me, although actual reading was closer to 1.75v. The 39C and 40B were modified by Mr. Natural from the old 77 BIOS. The 7D and 7E are modified by Mr. Natural from a recent official Abit BIOS or beta BIOS. The 7D and 7E appear to be more stable than the previous hacked BIOS files, but the voltage only goes up to 1.7v. I've had the best luck with the 7D of five BIOS flashes I've done. I haven't tried the 7E, but the only difference in it compared to the 7D is additional support for the newer processors (like the 2.4 gig Northy and the Celeron P-4s). The best thing to do is use the 7D or 7E BIOS plus a volt mod such as my VID pin wire wrap.

Its nice being able to turn a knob and adjust the voltage real time. I recomend doing the volt mod on the Abit TH7II instead of the vid pin mod on the chip. Just use Pamona grabbers (which fit perfectly on all of the chips) so you can take the volt mod on and off easily.

amd_builder said:
Its nice being able to turn a knob and adjust the voltage real time. I recomend doing the volt mod on the Abit TH7II instead of the vid pin mod on the chip. Just use Pamona grabbers (which fit perfectly on all of the chips) so you can take the volt mod on and off easily.
That's what I was using for a ram volt mod, but I'm going to use that kit for the cpu voltage on my new board. The old one was acting really weird even after I narrowed the problem down to the cpu. The system clock doesn't keep time while the box is running, but it does when the system is off. The cmos battery is fine, so something is screwed up.

As far as the bios files go, maybe you guys were confused as to the setting you can choose in the bios, and the voltage you really end up with. Even with the ones that let you choose "1.85" the actual voltage was never any higher than 1.75 on my board. That's why Mr natural was saying that to go any higher he would have to disable the over voltage alarm which kicks in when the actual voltage is up around 1.8+

Thanks TC, this is the first good explanation of the overvoltage alarm I have read.

Now I understand why it is so difficult to increase the available voltage.

Back