• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMDite gonna go Intel. Which board?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
I'm thinking SERIOUSLY about getting a P4 setup. I don't know anything about P4's. I can figure it out if you guys can just tell me which board is the best overclocker cause I got a vapochill and want to go BIG.

Should I get a Abit or a Asus?

Isn't the Abit TH7-11 kinda obsolete?

krag said:
I'm thinking SERIOUSLY about getting a P4 setup. I don't know anything about P4's. I can figure it out if you guys can just tell me which board is the best overclocker cause I got a vapochill and want to go BIG.

Should I get a Abit or a Asus?

Isn't the Abit TH7-11 kinda obsolete?

If it's obsolete then Abit did something right, it took all this time for DDR to catch up to it at spec mem speeds but it still blows by DDR with the mem overclocked:burn:

Yeah, I guess you are right. I finally decided on my P4 setup. I ordered my components trhough pricewatch,com. This is what I'm getting:

1) P4 2.26 533fsb
2) Asus P4B533-E
3) Kingmax PC 3200 ddr 256mg

I don't know what the 533fsb chips are like to OC, but I guess I will find out.:burn:

Back