• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon man buys a P4B533-E!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Hey fellas! Now that I have crossed over to the dark side, I need some pionters.

Just bought the p4b533-e and gonna slap a p4 2.26 533 in her. I know that I won't have any multi options to work with. So i will be crankin up the fsb on this baby. Is it true that it has a agp/pci divider up to 1/5? I got some pc3200 I wanna max out, will this board do it? Also, do I need to do the wire pin volt mod trick or does this board have plenty of voltage options?

Thanks bros, krag

Just bought the p4b533-e and gonna slap a p4 2.26 533 in her.

My first piece of advice, get a proc with a 100Mhz FSB like a 2.2A or a 2.4A.

Is it true that it has a agp/pci divider up to 1/5?

I don't know if that's true but you can lock the PCI/AGP bus to spec on the board so it doesn't matter.

I got some pc3200 I wanna max out, will this board do it?

Depends on what memory multiplier options Asus included with it. I read it can run the memory at 166 or 200 at default FSB speeds so I'm assuming it's got some good choices but I haven't been able to confirm them myself.

Of course all the things I've seen are for the P4B533, not the P4B533-E, not sure what differences the -E model has.

Amazing board.. goes up to 200MHz bus and more.. and it has a fixed PCI and AGP clock.. I love it.. Gave me more GHZ.. than the p4b266

SCCHHWEEEEET! My board is coming tomorrow. I got my chip today...2.26ghz P4 533 it has a pack date of May 6th and it is a "Malay" chip. A guy in the forums has a thread about a 2.26 chip like mine with a pack date of May 8th and it does 3ghz!! I bet I can get that with mine. What sucks is I got to work 14 hours tomorrow and agin on Fri. so it don't look like I'm gonna get to start up my system until this weekend.

and it has a fixed PCI and AGP clock.. I love it

So I don't have to go into the bios and set the AGP/PCI divider, like in a AMD board?

Man...that would be BAD!!!! Cause I got some Kingmax DDR 400 just waiting to blast off!!

I don't understand your question.. the board doesn't "support" DDR400.. sure if you can get you bus speed to 200Mhz then you have 400DDR... I know 200MHz bus sounds like a lot.. but keep in mind that the board can do this.. I've seen up to 185bus.. If they had a better chip.. I'm sure it can hit 200 100% since everything would be in spec..

Well...in the current board I am using (Abit KR7A) there is a selection ratio in the bios (all newer AMD chipsets have them now) that allows you to set the agp & pci slots to a lower mhz so you can increase the fsb of your chip and ram. It only has a 1/4 divider. The board (KR7A) is a pc2100 board and I can max out my ddr333 up to 175 before I get lockup. This board will not max out the ddr 400 because the agp/pci slots will max out before the ram does, cause it doesn't have a high enough divider.

My question was is the agp/pci divider on this board good enough to max out the ddr400? cause essentially, this board runs spec on ddr2100.

But, I have come to find out in the last couple of days, that the agp/pci divider on the P4B533-E is "locked". To my understanding, that means the pci/agp bus speed will only go so high and won't be manipulated into crashing the system because of overclocking the ram and chip. This is very good, it is an overclockers dream come true, cause the agp/pci will no longer be a limitiing factor for overclocking on this particular board. WWWWAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I love ASUS!!!

I like Asus... but I'd love them if they gave us 3:4 and 4:5 memory ratios above 132MHz FSB!! :D :mad:

Khanivore said:
I like Asus... but I'd love them if they gave us 3:4 and 4:5 memory ratios above 132MHz FSB!! :D :mad:

Asus P4S533 has 3:4, 4:4, 4:5 and 4:6 CPU/Mem ratios once you go 133FSB and up.

DMI+RY said:

Umm sorry I meant for the P4B266.

Anyway, I finally got the P4B266 doing DDR400 at 150MHz FSB, thanks to Deke/Shion/Thugsrook.

quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course all the things I've seen are for the P4B533, not the P4B533-E, not sure what differences the -E model has.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

P4B533-e is the flagship model of the P4533
includes;
RAID ATA133, Audio, 1394 and LAN.

~peace

How do you access the P4B-533E have all these extra memory dividers? And why does someone suggest a 100FSB chip for this board? I would say go for the 133fsb chip as it will alllow much higher memory bandwidth and fsbs.

I bought one today, and put in my 400FSb 2.50ghz C1 stepping P4, it only has the 3:4 divider and I can reach 120FSB for DDR320 and 3.00ghz, but that is bad memory bandwidth at only 2500MB/S, how do you enable the 4:6 memory divider etc or is it only available above 100FSB?

You can lock the AGP and PCI buses at 66/33 which is nice, as is the vAGP and vDIMM setting, it is a pain that more athlon boards dont have this AGP/PCI lock...

markodude said:
How do you access the P4B-533E have all these extra memory dividers?
I bought one today, and put in my 400FSb 2.50ghz C1 stepping P4, it only has the 3:4 divider and I can reach 120FSB for DDR320 and 3.00ghz, but that is bad memory bandwidth at only 2500MB/S, how do you enable the 4:6 memory divider etc or is it only available above 100FSB?

Are you referring to this post?:

DMI+RY said:

Notice that he is talking about the P4-S-533! That board does have a 4:5 divider on it.

The 533E is either 4:3, 1:1, or 3:4. That's it. Plus it's not dependant on bus speed, except that 3:4 is unavailable above 133FSB unless you do the dipswitch trick.

It IS BETTER to get a B chip because of the memory bandwidth, and the best chips for this board are the 2.26B or 2.4B.

There is no 4:6 on this board. The best memory ratio is 3:4 over FSB=133 with the Dip Switch 6 trick.

But the 2.26B at FSB=155 will give you DDR412 and if you are lucky you can go higher! Of course with the right memory!

Yep Im sorry a case of not reading properly! :D
I wish I had got a 533 bus chip now, Im gonna try and get a 2.26B when the C1 steppings become available, my memory should reach 200FSB at cas2.5 I think. Will have to wait a bit though...just bought the 2.50 a month ago and need to upgrade other systems first. :(

Back