• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus TUSL-C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think that is because current video cards not need more than that anymore, also the newer w2k and xp will have problems if the aperture size will be set to be larger than the amount of system memory - not like w98 that you could set it to 256MB and your system RAM was 64.

oTTO said:
i think that is because current video cards not need more than that anymore, also the newer w2k and xp will have problems if the aperture size will be set to be larger than the amount of system memory - not like w98 that you could set it to 256MB and your system RAM was 64.

dude my old motherboard was an Intel BX440i and it supported an apreture size of upto 256MB. I have 512MB SDRAM and a GeForce 4 Ti-4600 128MB DDR

GeForceG said:

dude my old motherboard was an Intel BX440i and it supported an apreture size of upto 256MB. I have 512MB SDRAM and a GeForce 4 Ti-4600 128MB DDR

oTTO said:

So you are just repeating what you said earlier? I see.... :rolleyes:

GeForceG said:

So you are just repeating what you said earlier? I see.... :rolleyes:

yeah they r the only reasons i can think of why 64 is the larger.
you can try emailing asus about this. asus has a great support; i beleive they wont mind answering you about it.

GeForceG said:
Why does it have a limit of 64MB AGP apreture size??

It's a limitation of the i815 chipset. At the time the i815 was competing against the newer i820/i840 RDR chipsets. Intel couldn't possibly make the i815 look better than their RDR mobo's having sold out to Rambus.

Of course, everyone stayed with BX up until recently with the tualatins

Re: Re: Asus TUSL-C

MospeadasDark said:

It's a limitation of the i815 chipset. At the time the i815 was competing against the newer i820/i840 RDR chipsets. Intel couldn't possibly make the i815 look better than their RDR mobo's having sold out to Rambus.

Of course, everyone stayed with BX up until recently with the tualatins

You think that 64MB and 256MB apreture size makes a difference?

they can make a difference in the case the onboard video memory is about 16MB or less. aperture is only needed when the card runs out of the onboard video memory to storage large textures etc. otherwise the onboard video is faster because it is not limited to the agp bus.

it wouldnt be a problem even to turn off the memory aperture since 128MB cards no longer needs it at all, but as the swapfile issue, a few 3d applications will have problem without the aperture from the system memory.
you can make a test anyway, run 3dmark using the two selections you have to the aperture and check whether you will get any difference between both.

pci dividers

Im going to upgrade soon and thought about getting that motherboard and looking to overclock. i was wondering was pci dividers does it have?

thanks

Tusl2-C uses 1/3 divider up to 132 MHz; 1/4 divider from 133 MHz on up; no 1/5 divider. Board doesn't like high PCI bus frequencies (i.e. > 41 MHz or so) but works well w/ Tualatin Celerons as long as you hit 133 FSB.

Back