• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE6-II rev.1.2 conversion to BE6-II V.2.0???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys and gals,

I've got one question. Is it true that you can convert an Abit BE6-II Rev. 1.2 into the original BE6-II V.20. with UDMA100-Raid, just by flashing the BE6-II V.2.0 Bios onto the BE6-II Rev.1.2 Bios-chip???

If that's true, please let me know.

Is it the same board just with different BIOS versions, for these two both have HPT370 controller onboard??

I did it to my BE6-II rev 1.2 . I made a custom BIOS by taking the 72 source, adding in the 2.31 RAID BIOS, and the CPU microcode from an ST6 for Tuallie support. I'm running a 1.0A at 1.5GHz at 1.65v. With a stock retail 8500 I hit 8200+ in 3dMark2001.

I'm in the process of reloading the O/S on two striped WD40BB's. I've created a 256MB partion, formatted and rebooted without problems.

Yeah it worked for me also. I just put on the standard be6-2 2.0 bios. Pretty sweet!!

Back