• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ddr settings for FIC-AD11?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

substance

Registered
i read all the articles here about memory settings in the bios, but my crappy FIC AD11 has some different settings then what is mentioned in the threads i read. does anyone have this board? and if so, what are some good settings for it? i have a athlon t-bird [email protected] @1.83v (default). and i can run prime95 for about 6.5 hours before it errors, i ran the sissoft sandra memory test, and it kept making my machine reboot. any ideas here? i thought maybe i need to change some memory settings, but i cant find any info on some of the memory settings.
BTW: i am a newbie to the OC game.....

no idea. FIC dont realy make oc boards.... now in all trouth your ram should probably be running at relaxed timings thus i doubt that it is the problem of your reboots. what kind of cooling do you have for one. and how are you getting your cpu to 1.52?? you need to post all information that you know on a system before we can help you properly

i got the mult at 11 and the fsb at 138, using a thermalright AX-7 heatsink with a delta 80mm fan running idle at 35-36 now and 38-40 at max load

ok those are "relaxed chips" what that means is they run at cas 2.5 which means that this error is probably not caused be the ram as at 5mhz out of spec they should not even notice the diffrence id have to say it is probably a probelm somewhere in your mboard as fic doesnt realy make overclocker boards you may want to consider looking at a cheek kt266-a board like the shuttle ak31 rev 3.1 currently 45 at neweggg shipped.

i have an iwill kk266 board just laying around here, but it doesnt support ddr :( ..... would it be worth losing the ddr 2100 speed and going to the pc133 on that board? just so i can overclock alot better? i have a nice hsf and its basically going to waste, i dont really wanna invest in a new board, im trying to wait for the thourobreds to come out....

anyways you think ill notice a speed loss with the other board, if its overclocked?

well wether you notice the diffrence or not is all dependent on what you are going to be doing with the system. if your doing alot of video encoding you will definatly notice if all your doing is playin some games then i doubt you will notice to big of a diffrence what you ought to do is go around the forums and learn as much as you can about oc and talk to the other users post alot then you can have access to the classafieds section so you can sell your board or boards if you decide you want to do both of them and get a newer more oc freindly board. personaly i just sold my ak31 to get an ak35GT2 and it kicks complete and total ***. the board ran me 79+ship. anyways i think you would benefit from a better mboard as allways the base to good oc is a good mboard followed by good cooling, then good ram, then strong other components.

Back