• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC 2700 on asus p4s533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has 3 Dimm slots and supports 3 Gb of PC2700 memory. As for the banks I think it might mean that you can put double sided ram in it. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not a memory expert.

4 banks means it can handle any combination of double sided or single sides DIMMS up to 4 sides (banks) Course with 3 slots available you wouldn't be able to max it out with all single sided DIMMS.

4 banks

ditto

if you put 2 double sided dimms, you're done.

if you put one double sided dimm and 2 single sided dimms, you're done.

there are 3 slots, so the above configurations are the only ways you'd reach the maximum allowable number of "banks" (sides).

i have a p4s533 and i'm satisfied with it. however, i've been an abit fan for some time now, and i still prefer the abit bios to the asus.

if abit had brought to market a good performing 645dx board when i was in the market to upgrade, i would have bought it instead. and after buying this asus board, asus hasn't changed that attitude.

PEACE!
-BdK
:burn:

Back