• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit TH7II Raid temp monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rlemieux

Cyber Deal King
I just installed my Abit TH7II and the CPU is reading kinda high 38C idle. With my Asus P4TE I was getting temps at 28C idle. Now here is the wierd thing though I can put the little temp probe that comes with the mobo under the heatsink and let it touch the CPU and it reads 26C. Which is right?

Have no fear its as cool as a cucumber. Well.

Anyhow my 1.8a is the same temp as yours and I believe its very accurate..I only OC to 2gig but a stress test brings it up to 47c.
stock cooling, did I say that.?
also Ihave built 2 th7II systems both 38 -40c at idle and normal use

Logger

I am not worried about the temp, what I am worried about is which one I should trust. What it says is the CPU or the temp probe?

Just a joke. I'm a bit of a funny guy. I have to be i'm 45 and have 3 kids under 5yrs old.

with 3 systems at 38 to 40 the temps are right on.

as far as the probe> core temps are usually higher, you can't duplicate them with a probe..
Kinda like havn a probe inside an engine and one on the outside the inside will always be higher.
Hope that helps

Back