• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Th7II Raid Bios that goes to 2.2V without a volt mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You are reading this right.

However the thing to notice is the CPU speed: at 1.7GHz it is not a northwood, but an old willamette which requires more voltage and can go up to 2.2v. Plus review date is 29/09/2001.

The TH7-II is "potentially capable" of vcores up to 2.2v. But, since the default Northwood is 1.5v, most of the current BIOS will only let you have 1.7v at most. There is a hacked "77" BIOS that allows up to 1.85v, but Mr. Natural's 7D and 7E BIOS files are the best and most stable. Those give you a max of 1.7v. The older official "38" BIOS would only give you 1.625v. Hence the reason why I did the VID pin wire wrap. Depending on how many pins you wrap, this fools the mobo into thinking the default voltage is higher than it really is, so it unlocks more vcore selections in the BIOS. I have 4 pins wrapped for a default of 1.85v, so I have vcore settings of up to 2.2v available in the BIOS now. The old Willamette CPUs had a default vcore of 1.75v, so the BIOS allowed higher voltage settings than with the Northwood.

I didn't see where that was mentioned in the article. Nevermind I see it. I'm wondering about doing a VIO mod now. I've got a fresh 1.6A and 1066-32 ram that should hit 1200+. My board doesn't seem to want to go past 145fsb. I'm wondering if a VIO boost would help.

there is a thread in here about the DRCGs make sure you check on it, 99% of all TH7-IIs dont have the needed clockgens to hit over pc1200 with rdram as their DRCGs are only certified at 800mhz, ive run E/S mushkin 1066-32 at pc1200 without any problems although it totally spazzed above that speed, i have kingston 1066-27 ECC coming today, ill post results when i have them tonight.

Back