• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CL2 v CL3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

one of memory modules is busted so im going to buy some more memory i was just wondering if it would be worth gettin CL2 as apposed to CL3 wich im currently using (SDRAM)

another question ive been looking at crucial memory and found that the 5th and 6th chips down on this page are the exact same price except 1 is CL2 and one is CL3 there the right ram sticks im sure but it cant be right

Yes in a technical sense.
You might notice a slight improvement in use.
You would probably get more for your money changing to a different motherboard or cpu thou.

Last edited:
chris_4130 said:
is CL2 much of an improvement on CL3 though?

As Placid mentioned you will notice a difference. As SDR, get good Crucial PC133 CL2, and you'll be fine. The price isn't much of a difference from any other generic CL3..

you should notice a signifigant increase in fps in your games with cas2 compared to cas 3, back when I had a p3 system with some micron pc133 cas2. at cas 3 I would get a fps average in q3 of 71fps but when I ran at cas2 I got 84fps average, was quite the boost to me

Back