• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I burned out my TH7 II Raid so what next?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlmoun0

Registered
I finally figured out that I burned up the MB so I my stuck between another TH7II Raid or P4T533-c or if I could find it the GA-IHXP w/Raid. :burn:

How did you burn yours up? I burned a 2.2 northy and my board it appears. I swapped out a good cpu and most of my problems disappeared, so I thought it was the cpu. I got a new 1.6A and it was still doing some odd things, although not nearly as bad as with the old 2.2 chip. Apparently both parts were fried from high voltage.

Zerstorer said:
How high was your voltage before it went?

I'm running at 1.95V(2.05Bios) and getting a little worried....
Well I would worry because I ran mine at 1.9 bios 1.85 actual for about two months before it got flaky one day, and went downhill rapidly from there. I was using a water block too - so I had good cooling.

It was more of a stupid freak accident. I like everything about the board expect the cold boot and voltage.
Will the P4T533-c or the GA-8IHXP (Specs look really good) give me better performance/overclock than the TH7Raid?
I could only get the TH7II up to 125 stable with the 7E bios and no voltage mod with a Alpha 8942 two 92mm, 2 front 80mm and 1 top 80 mm fan. Ambient temp 30 degrees C

Last edited:
jlmoun0 said:
It was more of a stupid freak accident. I like everything about the board expect the cold boot and voltage.
Will the P4T533-c or the GA-8IHXP (Specs look really good) give me better performance/overclock than the TH7Raid?
I could only get the TH7II up to 125 stable with the 7E bios and no voltage mod with a Alpha 8942 two 92mm, 2 front 80mm and 1 top 80 mm fan. Ambient temp 30 degrees C
if you have a 2.a the get the p4t533, because it is almost impossible to get a 2.a to 150 fsb. and the board has some really good features.:D

dang..... so good cooling doesn't really help when you over-juice it huh?..........

Well, lets see if more people's NW's burn out over the next few months...

Back