• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Experience with PC2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tactics

I have a 512 stick of PC2400 Nanya RAM. I purchased it because like many other computer consumers I wanted the bigger number(I don't have a big need for speed). Unforunately my ECS K7AMA motherboard gets very unstable as the FSB is set to 266. However it operates just fine with the FSB set to 200. Now, my first assumption is Bad Ram. Wrong, the ram works fine on an Asus A7V333 motherboard that was made to handle RAM speeds higher than PC2100. So my word of warning, before you purchase PC2400+ RAM make sure your motherboard is capable of handling it. Seems like common sense, but doing so would have saved me alot of time and frustration.

Tactics

I'd try to RMA that RAM. It won't even run at stock speeds on your board so it must be bad. Did you ever try some stock pc2100 in your board? Also by 266 I assume you're setting the ram @133 and its x2 for the ddr memory.

Back