• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much ram do you have?? (read before voting)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How much memory do you have (one rig only...no totals please!)

• Under 64MB

Votes: 3 0.1%
  • 65 - 128 MB

Votes: 21 0.9%
  • 129 - 256 MB

Votes: 346 15.4%
  • 257 - 384 MB

Votes: 85 3.8%
  • 385 - 512 MB

Votes: 1,049 46.7%
  • 513 - 640 MB

Votes: 103 4.6%
  • 641 - 768 MB

Votes: 96 4.3%
  • 769 - 896 MB

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • 897 - 1024 MB

Votes: 412 18.3%
  • Over 1 GB of memory! =O

Votes: 112 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
How much ram you got?? (read before voting)

I got a PM today, asking if this poll could be placed. I'd never thought of this one, and thought it was a good idea.

Remember, you only get one vote...so pick ONE system you've got running and pick the correct choice for that.

Don't "add all of the ram" in the 17 SETI/Folding rigs in the Farm together...LOL. This poll is just to give us an idea of what an average total of memory in our rigs might be. One rig. The one you use most often.

Thanks for reading, and have fun with this!

Thanks AXIA, for the suggestion!

Cheers!

Mr B

512 for me in my main system:D

I am down to 256 now one of my sticks died:mad: It is a good thing it is crucial and my new ram is being cross shipped:D

After a small delay I am back to 512:D

Last edited:
512 in the main rig- 256 in the back up- 512 in the dual pIII counterstrike server and 256 min in the other 7 or 8 systems i have :-D
SPyder

512mb in the ol' workstation! Gotta have RAM to multitask, man!

most of my crunchers have 256, just because I have it- 128mb does just as well for them it seems.

512. the only time I've used more memory than 512 is when Windows screws up. MDM.exe likes to eat up about 800 MB itself.

he he he he huh?

i have 256 see sig. do i need more? both my pc's have 256 and i rarely use more than half that...ummmm,....i think.......

how much ram do we all need?

and why?

more ddr?

less ddr?

gaming? music and video? which apps. require us to have a gig and which apps. allow us to wait til the price drops?

excellent thread, but i want answers , and i want them now...!!!

ok, just kiddin', i won't get friendly replies this way....he he he

got 2 boxens (bought them with sd128) doubled them both last ram price drop($60aus for 256). next price drop ill double them again(price headin down due to ddr down already) or maybe get ddr mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back