• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double Sided that bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

I have 2x sticks of double sided PC2700 DDR double sided ram chips- is it that bad? I mean i get to 166fsb no problem on each air cooled chips- Could this hold me back?
Spyder

Thats what people tell me- oh and by saying i have 2 sticks of ram- i have one per system-
SPyder

apparently from what Ive heard single-sided overclocks better and is more stable when OCed, same with 2 dimms in a mobo, but I have no idea why, except maybe with 2 dimms that there's 2ce the chance of faultiness in the dimm :confused:

Personally, I think that all this stuff about single-sided RAM and more than one stick is a bit suspect and duff info.

I run 2*256Meg sticks of Crucial PC2100(that's double-sided) at 170MHz FSB rock solid stable, no fuss.

If it works in your system, that's what matters.

Aslong as it works............... People tell me its bad- quess i should stop listening-
SPyder

Back