• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S533 locked at 166FSB :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snipah_dk

Although 166 being a pretty adequate fsb, I just think my 1.6 NW has some more juice in it and I'm simply stuck at that damn 166fsb...

So, bottomline: Are there any ways to increase the default max fsb rate of 166MHz?
Anything? Something?! I'm desperate :)

However, 2656MHz should suffice......for now :)

Thx in advance
// Snipah

Im sorry I have no help for you but maybe you can help me I just go the same mobo today and was hoping you could tell me your bios setting, also what type of ram you have and PSU.
I have corsair CMX 512 PC2700 333mhz with a new ernamax 450wat PSU

thanks for any info/help
Renob

P4S533 locked at 166MHZ

Hello!

I'm running my P4 1,6GHZ at 2,66GHZ (166MHZ) at the moment. The end was reached at 170MHZ on my CPU.

The only thing is, that 3D-Games do not run really stable with 2,66GHZ...with 2,13GHZ it's no problem. That's why I think it's wether my CPU or my Mainboard (Abit BD7II).
(The CPU is watercooled..so I don't believe it's the temperature...)

Does your CPU run really(!) stable with 2,66GHZ in the Asus mainboard?
Did you run e.g. 3DMark 2001 from MadOnion or something comparable for some hours?
My PC aborts it after 1-2hours and gets back to windows...with 2,66GHZ it reboots after 0,5-1hour...

I'm using a GeForce3 Ti200 so I don't think it's not sufficient for these benchmarks...

Can you adjust finally the FSB:DRam Ratio with this mainboard?

Back