• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.8 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wendellmcb

First let me thank everyone on this Forum for all the good advice. It's Really been a help to me.
One quick question...Is it normal for a p4 1.8a to
have temps run up and down between 40c idle and 50c stressed! I've got it overclocked to 2.4 with v-pin to 8.5 volts(really reads 1.78v) and runs stable. Re-mounted heat sink several times and can't seem to do any better.Have 3 case fans and using artic 3 and Thermaltake Dragon Cooler.Any Ideas? :rolleyes:

That seems about normal for the Retail HS/F. It's passable. You could probably hit 2.4GHz on a 1.75 Vcore tho'. Try to back down from 1.85V even if you're on high-end cooling. More than a few have had their CPU quit working at higher speeds due to the voltage being too high.

I'm guessing your using PC Probe to read the temps and they never drop under 40C, it's got a bug and it will never read below 40. You need to download the newest copy of PC Probe or go to something like Mother Board Monitor 5

Back