• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Bench on the New Iwill P4R533-N

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TechTones

OK right now I only have some very early 1066 35ns Rambus samples. They don't O/C too well. Right now here's a Sandra mem bench at only a fsb of 118 and the rdram at 4x.

I'm going to order some retail 32ns 1066 sticks. If you see a good eal on any somewhere, please let me know.

Well the thing is,

right now I can't really say too much. The ram I have right now are Engineering Samples and are not too stable. I ordered some Kingston 1066 32ns which should be here on thurs or before.

Then I'll know. I can tell you it's very stable when I have the rdram multiplier turned down for now. It recovers very well if you overlock too much and the system doesn't reboot. Just hit that
Insert key and it responds right away. Not like some other boards where you have to do it over and over to get results.

Now you must remember this is not a real overclockers tweakers board like DDR. Once you hit your peak on the ram and CPU that's about it. But, you have a monster system.

I have NO PCI CARDS in the system at all. The board comes with a built in NIC and 6 channel sound. All I have is my 8500 video card in it!

If you're looking for a stable work horse with great memory bandwidth, get the board.

If you're looking to constantly tweak the board like a AMD DDR board, then it's not for you.

TechTones said:
Yes it can. The new Kingston 1066 32ns can do it at 4x too.
really?? 4x156?? now that's great!! 'cos i'm putting together a P4 1.6a (was) running @ 160x16. on DDR. if i could do that or better 165FSB w/ RDRAM (x4 of course!), that would be awesome!!

now, question is, who got a 850E w/ 165+ FSB?????? :rolleyes:

Well guys,

I'm not too happy. I picked up some Kingston 1066 and it will only do 142/4x. Anything more and I need to use 3x :(

This is the second pair of sticks that won't run good in the board.
I'm wondering if it's the board now. But, I have run my 1.8a at 2700 150/3x and it runs great. So the board can do 150 and over with no problems.

It could be the DRCG's on the board that control the rdram.

Anyhoo,

here's a bench from Sandra mem.

I'm waiting one new Kingston 256mb sticks of 1066 to come. It's backordered and won't be here till the 21th. I won't have for 4 days after that.

Here is a 3dMark bench at 152/3x. CPU is at 2734.
Now if can get to do 152/4x, watch out momma :)

Here is another 3dMark at 1024 x 768 x 32

but the FSB is now 138/4x. Maxing out the rdram at 4x even at a lower fsb gave me better scores then at 152/3x

SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM

TechTones, send me that beta bios that you promised me. You have my email address. I emailed you before, but you apparently didn't get to my request.

Now, solving your dilemma!!:) I have figured out a way to boost the Vmem voltage (You should also do the Vcore). Measuring the Vmem voltage works similar to the XP333. My method requires you to use the SMD grabber and Radio Shack POT.....no soldering to the board, only to the grabber and POT. Easy task!!:cool:

I am at 156 FSB at 4X using the Kingston PC1066. My Sandra memory score is 3950. Ran Sandra Burn-in 60+ times for cpu and memory and then 3d2001se for one hour of continous looping. No BSOD, kickouts or freezes!

Anyway...Who!:D HERE IS THE LINK TO THIS FORUM FOR MY POST!

No I don't have your addy anymore. Since I set up the P4 board, I used different hard drives and don't have the info.

I didn't get any mail from you yet. Re e-mail me.

I did the vrimm mod. Thanks man. Good looking out.

It didn't do much for my Samsung ES 1066. I tried up to 2.87v and it doesn't help. I'm at 2.70v right now. I was able to do a bench at 150/4x though.

I heard the Kingston reacts to overvolting. I'll have some new stuff on wed to try it out on. I did find out the A01 stuff is much better then the A00 Kingston.

All right, I sent you a PM from this forum and then re-sent the Hotmail addy that I have for you. Is that still current? If all of that fails, here is my email address: [email protected]

Glad the mod help improve your output. You should also try the Vcore. That might help you get to 156 fsb at 4X. My Kingston memory is the A00 stuff and it is just running fine with both mods applied.

Back