• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo gone for good?!? (ram slots blown ... ?!?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blame80

well, the subject in question would be an abit bd7 raid, it's for sale on ebay and i don't know how, but the ddr ram was forced in the wrong way... (not by me, :D i am still wondering how onecould possibly do this, wekk, nevermind)... now the ram seemed to be smoked but the ram slots lots also have smoke traces... so now, the question would be, any chance that the mobo is still salvageable (does this word exist?!?) or is this a complete waste of money?

Don't even think about it. To remove and replace those carriers needs some specialized desoldering equipment - temperature controlled pre-heat and hot air to get to melting point of solder but not high enough to damage board. Extreeme care is needed to be sure that close-by smc's don't fall off also. Then you've got to put some good slots sockets back in. Finally keep your fingers crossed that the traces (any of them within the six layers or so) are not o/c, and if not then it should work.

Like I said - Don't even think about it.

okay, thanks alot for the reply. i thought so, but as i never blew out ramm slots by forcing them in the wrong wrong way i wasn't sure :D i guess he won't be seeing the 25$ he wants for it on ebay. though i am still wondering how he managed :D thanks again...

greetz...

blame80

Back