• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory problems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phleg

Registered
I just got an EPoX 8K3A+, 1x512MB Corsair PC-3000, and an Athlon XP 1800+.

Everything was fine running at stock speeds/timings, until I changed my memory timings. I tried out turbo at 333MHz, which caused BSODs in Win2k. Fastest did the same thing. Then Fast did it as well. When I went to Normal again, the problems went away. However, when I set the timings manually to the exact same settings as Turbo set them to, it worked, for the most part.

Also, in Sandra, even when I was running 147MHz FSB with a 4/5 divider (btw, is there a way to change the divider? Can't find it...), so basically at 366MHz, my RAM would only benchmark in Sandra at about 2.2GB/s, which is damn low. I haven't unlocked my processor yet, so there's a chance that it was doing this, (was approx an Athlon XP 2000+) but I have other reasons for believing it wasn't.

However, I RMA'd the RAM, and immediately had the same problems. The DIMM passes MemTest flawlessly, so...I'm really at a loss. Anyone have any idea what the **** is going on?

Back