• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with TH7II raid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Justin2050

Disabled
I started 3 boards ago with my th7II raid and am now on my third one after getting super glue in my rdram slots and frying the first one. I have the 4 pin volt mod with a default of 1.85v and the 7d bios by mr. Natural. I had raid before but tried to overclock and messed up xp. When I tried to reinstall it would get so far then BSOD and say "unknown hard error" so I put it back to the regular IDE. My other question is, right now Im running at 2358mhz ram at 1024 with a 4x, I can get to 2600 with it at 3x which would yield better performance, and what is keeping me from getting higher, ive seen people with 1.8's get to almost 3, my temps are around 42 degeress celsius at idle and 48-50 under load.

Why did you mess up your xp installation on the Highpoint Controller?? Did you use the FIX setting to keep your AGP/PCI in spec?? Which BIOS did you use then?

If not, then the Highpoint Controller doesn't like overclocking, at all.

I have my HDD also on the HP Controller with a FSB of 105MHz at the moment, but when I hear such things, I am scared to go on to 110MHz, even with fixed AGP/PCI.

Merkor

I hope this helps! Here are my current settings for a P4 1.6A on a TH7II: BIOS 40B; fsb @ 125; mem @ 400 (samsung 256Mb, 32 device x2=512Mb) vcore 1.55as shown in BIOS (1.49 actual according to winbond hardware doctor); stock HSF w/ AS3; Windows XP Home. It's running nicely now, but I had a prob booting this AM- Error mesage file missing or corrupt: got it to boot in safe mode & did a system restore & we're OK now> I don't know if a 1.8A will o/c as well as a 1.6A but I think you should be able to go more than 105-110 fsb. Good luck! -Dave btw I'm running an 80Gb Maxtor & a 10 Gb IBM HDD on the highpoint controller -1 on each channel

Last edited:
Thanx for your answer!

Why did you have boot problems? Do you mean it was because a too low voltage? At which FSB did you have this?

What temps do you get with the stock cooler?

Merkor

Boot prob

I've only had the problem when I overclock. Fsb was at 125. when it happened. Temps are 47C right now - last nite I ran Sandra burn-in - arithmetic & multimedia benchmarks 5 times continuously -Temp peaked at 55C for a sec during the 4th run then went back down to 54C -54.5C. It ran these temps stock before I got yhe AS3. Any Ideas why I have an occasional prob with missing file error? ThanX -Dave

Re: Boot prob

baltoos said:
Any Ideas why I have an occasional prob with missing file error?

Do you use the FIX setting in BIOS or deviders? Which voltage are you running for the CPU core? If you don't need more than 1.7v I would use the official 7C BIOS from Abit's website. It's much more stable and it has a fix for the cold boot problem.

Does it happen very often that you get corrupted files??

Merkor

Don't worry on FSB speed if you are using fixed agp/pci!
I am using a 180fsb with the TH7II-Raid...1.6a=2.88ghz!
Using raid with 2 maxtors...so running happily..

Hey thanx, that was the answer I wanted to hear from someone!

Which BIOS do you use and which temps do you get?

What about cooling and your current voltage? Appears you did the vcoremod..., didn't you?

Merkor

I used Mr.Naturals 40b..with 1.85vcore..
Didn't try the wire-trick yet (too clumsy heheh).
Temps are 58C stressed..that with aircooling using an alpha 8294 sink..running smooth and stable at this speed,and memory benchies flying very high!! ;)

"Don't worry on FSB speed if you are using fixed agp/pci!
I am using a 180fsb with the TH7II-Raid...1.6a=2.88ghz!
Using raid with 2 maxtors...so running happily.."

How did u get 180 fsb, mine runs at 138 fsb w/ ram at 4x [email protected] rdram 1080

Back