• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II RAID - Flashed now problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AquilÆagle

Registered
Hi

I am new to overclocking and I couldnt get it to overclock at all, so I deceided to flash the BIOS (which I have done b4 on other machines, but not this board)

I flashed to the latest Abit BIOS 7C and followed all the usual instructions... I now have 2 problems

1. I have an orange light on the front, connected to the Jumpers 2-4 (the SP LED) this is now constantly lit, and has never been on b4 (I have checked power management in BIOS and it is off, so I dunno what this is on for) It comes on as soon as the machine starts.

2. My soundcard disappeared from my Device Manager, and therefore no sound. Re-installed it ok when it detected it, but it has disappeared again. It is all connected properly 'inside' (I have a delivery of a new SB Audigy 5.1 tonight so i will try it with this)

What should i do to resolve #1? Flash Backwards? Reflash? Flash with another version? or is it simpler?

Thanks

The TH7-II will have a red power LED (located in the lower right corner of the mobo) that will be on anytime you have power to the system (even if the computer is shut down). If you have a sound card installed, then you need to disable the onboard sound in the BIOS.

Wierd, it wouldnt let me post, kept asking me to log in and i logged in, let me type a reply but when i submitted wanted me to log in again, and it kept doing it. Anyway:

I know the power LED, the LED which is now appearing though, is the SP LED on jumpers 2-4.

I have disabled the on board sound in BIOS :)

Sounds weird. I would reflash again with 7c. Did you do the runme file after you unzipped th7h7c.exe

Clear the bios with the jumper then reset all parameters in the bios to the way you like it. I believe it is recommended to do this after a flash by the mobo companies.

I've re-flashed with 7c again.... re-installed my sound card and thats working fine, but still got that odd orange LED :(

Well thats good!! the suspend light should not be on..

check bios settings and windows settings for suspend I guess.

other than that make sure you have the sp light on the right terminals.

the driver transistor that fires that light might have gone bad.

pull off the connecter . leave off unplug puter
for 5 mins make sure polarity plug back and reboot.

good luck

Back