• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't Overclock!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AquilÆagle

Registered
Hi

I have never overclocked b4. I have Abit TH7-II RAID and P4 1.8Ghz.

When i changed the clock speed in Softmenu III upwards and restart I get a kind of alarm and it wont boot. I disconnect the core and try again. This time trying a different (lower speed) setting, then i get some Error when it boots up about the CPU. I tried a 3rd time to set it at 1866 (133 x 14) instead of 1800 (100 x 18) and i get the alarm again. Voltage is set at default of 1.75

Any help appreciated. I might be a n00b but i am a fast and technically minded person

Cheers

Make sure you have Speed Spectrum disabled. Also, you might want to look at your temps in the bios. Your temps may be high enough to be triggering the alarm.

also, intel p4's are multiplier locked so do fsb's using the 18x multplier dont change it or it wont work. Do like 18x105 = 1890 or 18x120 = 2160 and so on

in the BIOS there´s the "CPU SOFT MENU III"...

"CPU Operation Speed" must be set to "user define", then you have to disable the option "Speed Error Hold"!

Now you can try to set the "External Clock (CPU/PCI)" to 133MHz...

The "Multiplier Factor" is fixed, it will be "x18"...

"AGPCLK/CPUCLK (AGP Clock)" you should set so, that the AGP is running in specs, that means 66MHz... you have the option to fix it to 66 -> "Fix(66MHz)"!

Maybe you have to increase the VCore (CPU Voltage) a little bit...

I hope, that can help you a bit...

Back