• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

problem with Memory I think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bundifrog

Registered
on my old system.. whenever I run memory bandwidth benchmark my system crashes....wtf is up?

Please provide as much info about your system as possible so we can make a better assessment of your situation.

Thanks.

k

Old system is Athlon 600
Board is Asus K7M
two 256 sticks and 1 64 stick of ram
in Sandra it says on my 256 chips they're 128 bank (double banked for 256) 7-1-1-1R 6-1-1-1W 3-2-2CL

Brand name is Raytheon...bought it from costco (doh?)

Is the sandra memory bechmark the only only time you get a crash or do other programs crash?

What version of sandra do you use?

It might just be a compatability problem with the amd 750 chipset and sandra if thats the only program that gives you problems.

Last edited:
Other progs crash

Yeah other programs crash too...games like Everquest and Quake 3 and Jedi knight 2 and Soldier of Fortune 2....basically anything that requires lots of memory...see I thought it was my Video card before because for Christmas I got a Geforce 2 Ti64meg DDR a soundblaster live 5.1 and I bought 512 meg of Ram shortly after. This was foolish because there were too many variables for me to locate really what could have been the problem...I figured it could have been the video card because it was always in 3d problems (windows doesn't intensely use memory) so now I think that it may be this Ram... I'll test each chip separately tonight with the benchmark to find out if there is a problem stick or maybe its just like what RoadWarrior said and that one is too slow...the 64 stick is I believe Pc100 and the rest being pc 133....

My dad suggested this all in the beginning but of course I didn't listen...:mad:

Its cool tho...I'm building the new one today so.. hopefully I'll be able to fix the problems in the old system before I make it my server ***** :D

I swapped each stick

I swapped each stick out 1 at a time and one of them is the faulty one....you think they'll take it back? I bought it like 3 months ago..ram should have lifetime garauntee =p

Take the 64 MB stick out, different speed RAM sticks do not tend to get along. You won't miss it, not with 512 MB of RAM left...

Back