• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building a New System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stupendous Man

After moving to a new location and selling my old P4 I'm on the quest of building a new machine. I previously had a P41.8 on a S33 Asus board which I loved but it had stability issues with overclocking. So now the big questions.

I have a 1.6A chip, 512 PC2700, Hercules Game Theater XP, 2 IBM 120GIG HDD @ 7200, Chaintech GeForce4 TI 4600, those being the important components now the questions.

1. Whats the highend board out there for overclocking a P4.

2. As far as air cooling goes whats reccomended?

3. Without running voltage mods what is the highest speed i should be shooting for.

Anyone who wants to help with any of these would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get a new board and get this system built.

Well you posted in the epox section so I guess you want a epox board :)
For a P-4 1.6a I would get a 4BDA2+.
It goes to 1.85v bios that's about as much as you would want to ever use for running 24/7.

Cooling using air would probably be the alpha heatsink for the P4 forgot the name :(

Every cpu is different some people get lucky and get 2.6-2.7ghz from a 1.6a others only get 2.1ghz.

There is the epox 4G4A+ some have had good luck with this board and some have not, seems like some risk involved as to if you get a good one or not.

Whatever you pick I would go for a intel chipset board for the 1.6a because you can lock the pci/agp bus.

Back