• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new TH7-II post problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sir_bazz

Registered
OK I give up.

I thought I knew about PC hardware but obviously not enough.

Just put together a new system including:

Abit TH7-II
Pentium 1.6A
2 x 256mb Samsung RIMMS
300w Enermax PS and case
Thermaltake Volcano 7+ cooler
Gainward GF4 T4200 128meg

Now.........

When I try to boot up, (without disks attached), the system hangs on post code 01. According to the manual, 01 is "Expand the Xgroup codes locating in physical address 1000:0".

Not much help ...ehehehehhe

Any of you guys seen this one before and what the hell do I need to do to fix it ????

Thanks in advance.

Sir_Bazz.

do you have other computer around?
if you have then try to dig your bios chip out and put it in other computer to flash a newer bios

thats what i did with my th7-2 which doesnt support the northwood at first.

if you do dig the chip out , be really careful , becoz i broke the bios socket on the other board, luckily its not my board haha

You have to plug in the rimm dummies in the other rambus slots which came with the board if you only plug in two real rimm modules.

Hope this helps.

Merkor

Mmmmmm.

RIMM dummies hey ?

Nothing in the box that'll fit into a RIMM slot.

I'll follow it up with the retailer tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the quick replies guys,

Sir_bazz.

Borrowed From NewEgg

Borrowed this picture from NewEgg showing what should be included in the box with a TH7-II.

SkyHook

Thanks for the pic.

It looks like I should have got a thermal sensor cable as well as the CIMMS.

I'll definately follow it up.

Cheers,

Sir_Bazz.

game port?

skyhook, newegg forgot the game port connector. The one that goes in the first exp. slot

As I Remember

As I remember they had another picture there of some accessories, but I quick grabbed that one mostly cause it showed the CRIMMs as part of the included package. As of yet I don't have experience with this particular board(this may change at any moment), so thanks for helping clarify what all should be packaged with this board.

SkyHook

Thanks for your help guys.

Got it up and running on the weekend, running solid as a rock.

1.6a at 2133.

Tried for 2.4 but win98se just too unstable. It may be the DRCG's (ICS), but I'll try a few more things and see how it goes.

Cheers,
Sir_Bazz.

Back