• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4 1.6Ghz mobo recommendations here

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

steg14

This is the last major decision I have to make for the new rig. With all the uncertainty with the new intel chipsets I'm not sure what to do now, so I'm coming to you guys for the final verdict.

I have been doing quite a bit of research. The most recent I845E and G boards have some really nice features and would be nice, but not totally proven yet. I’m still waiting for some people to further test these new boards or get some new BIOS updates. I have narrowed it down to these:
a) EPOX 4G4A+: This board looks really good with the new Intel I845G, but I have read some bad news on high overclocks with this one.
b) ASUS P4S533: If I were going to go with a SiS 645DX motherboard, this would be the one.
c) EPOX 4BDA2+: Nothing like a board that has proven and overclocks really well. The only problem is trying to find this board still.
d) Other suggestions for a solid overclocking board with decent features and support? Maybe one of the other new intel boards?
If I had to make a decision tomorrow what would you go with? How about in two weeks. That's about all I can wait. Thanks everyone.

hmmmm maybe instead of the epox get an abit bg7.... (I'm going out on a limb here and saying you want a ddr system :D ) It hasn't gotten any of the problems you mentioned with the epox (at least in the reviews i have read it hasn't) and it's about 7 dollars cheaper on newegg... look into it....

Secondly if i was to choose today i would go with the asus p4s533... reason being that the asus board has that EZ-Plug feature, which allows you not to go out and buy a new power supply as long as you got a 350+watt power supply (no matter if it's a cheapo) it'll work!

Hmm in two weeks i'd go with the pox... reason being that hopefully in two weeks epox will lower the prices (which they normally do.. but then again they never released a motherboard that was as expensive as 135 dollars before... usually they enver got any higher than 105 but eh the company's getting popular...)

that's just what i would do... personally if i had the money i would scrap ddr altogether and get the abit TH7II RAid motherboard... but since you can't wait then rush and get the asus or epox/abit if you choose it!

Back