• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b266 Rebooting issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vfrjim1

I have been getting nasty reboot issues lately, even at a non-overclocked state. I tried different memory, even a new operating system on a different harddrive, it continued. I was running the 1006 test001 bios, so yesterday I decided to get the latest bios (1007DDR003 bios), so far so good, but I still get explorer crashes from time to time, anyone else have these problems with this board/bios? My damm tbird wasn't this unstable :(

Thanks,

Jim

I was having simillar problems, reboot/IE crashes with the 1006 beta bios but after giving it a little more juice (1.75 up to 1.85 vcore) they seemed to have gone away. Im not saying this will work for you... but if you have the propper cooling its worth a shot.:beer:

So far with this 1007 003 bios, no reboots *crosses fingers* and I was able to run Norton AV thru completely (it always crashed the system bfr halfway thru it) Maybe I will bump up the voltage a tad just in case, thanks. Anyone else have the same issues?

Jim

Vfrjim1 said:
I have been getting nasty reboot issues lately, even at a non-overclocked state. I tried different memory, even a new operating system on a different harddrive, it continued. I was running the 1006 test001 bios, so yesterday I decided to get the latest bios (1007DDR003 bios), so far so good, but I still get explorer crashes from time to time, anyone else have these problems with this board/bios? My damm tbird wasn't this unstable :(

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim, isn't the 1006 test001 bios that lets you raise the VCore up to 2.1v?

If you're running WinXP then it'll reboot your machine if it BSODs (does that by default but you can disable that feature). I use WinXP too and whenever the sudden reboot happens on my machine it's usually a sign of 'not enought VCore'. So for me, 1.675v has made my machine totally stable. Your CPU might be just complaining about lack voltage too..?

Back