• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Original/Fake - How do I tell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you mean "fake" samsung when the memory uses samsung chips and a non samsung pcb and no samsung sticker?

This question has been going on for the last few months and I guess the only way to tell if it's the "real" samsung memory is it has the samsung chips and a samsung sticker on the memory.

I still believe that "real" 256mb samsung pc2700 memory only came single-sided but others believe that the "real" samsung can also be double-sided.

Newegg sells the samsung chips w/ the samsung sticker on it.

Almost all other vendors sell the "fake" memory.

Either way, a lot of ppl w/ the double-sided memory say that they still overclock very well.

It has a sticker like this. Someone who bought samsung 2700 from newegg within the past week said the sticker changed a little but it still hase the samsung logo.
Also the latest batch dosen't seem to do as well as previous chips marked 220. Possible binning going on for 3200?
Maybe they just got a below average stick.

When I'm ready go get some RAM I'll e-mail the company actually, and we'll seewhat they say.

so becuase i have no samsung sticker means i dont have a samsung ram ???

my stick all it has is pc333 sticker but i can really put agressivness on this chip i can keep turbo mod on and have cas 2 on and be stable on a 170 fsb and cas 2.5 i can get a 190fsb how do i not know just cuss i have no sticker doesnt explain it all

Today with my upgrade bundle I bought a 256MB PC2700 SAMSUNG ram.

It doesn't have a Samsung sticker. It has a sticker that says:
256MB
DDR
PC2700

AFM 0205A
Warranty Seal

it's one sided and on all the memory chips it says 'Samsung' then some code..

How do I know if its real?

Back