• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If that's the case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

therudyq3

then which memory does anyone know of that uses only 2 banks per stick? is it possible? for 512MB
I was gonna get this MB and 512 MB of samsung PC2700...but now I must hold off... I would like to be able to upgrade to 1 gig later on...
Or should I consider anotherMB??
darn it!!!!!

Single sided ram is one bank, double sided is 2 banks. The PC2700 Corsair 512 MB stick I have is double sided so it takes up 2 banks. Samsung or any other 512 MB stick is most likely gonna be double sided and take up 2 banks also.

mjones73 said:
Single sided ram is one bank, double sided is 2 banks. The PC2700 Corsair 512 MB stick I have is double sided so it takes up 2 banks. Samsung or any other 512 MB stick is most likely gonna be double sided and take up 2 banks also.

Sorry but this is incorrect.
Just because a memory stick has chips on one side of the stick does not mean it only uses one memory bank.

Last edited:
so what's the scoop?

so what's the correct definition of banks?.....i hear so many different ones now...there some posts earlier here that even talk about "banks" as in the socket sense......
I just simply want to know if i purchase the asus p4s533.....and i plan on getting the samsung pc2700...how many stick of 512 MB can i install?
some says the samsung is 4 banks on 1 stick...and if u install more, it'll frop down to 266 MHZ...

Back