• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TH7-II and Northwood

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DPM_Maverick

Registered
This might be an obvious question but I havent found any threads that directly address the issue yet so I guess Ill ask. I know that the old bios's dont support the Northwood, but will it at least allow me to boot with my floppy so I can flash the BIOS and fix it. Because if not then in theory I would have to buy an old P4 and then flash and then use my Northwood and that cant be right. Im gona guess that it will be able to post at least with the P4 and boot from my floppy, but its not something i feel like guessing about so thanks.

Mav

With an 1.6A and an old BIOS the TH7-II won't post!! But it works with all other Northwoods.

In the case that you have a 1.6A, then you can call Abit to send you a new BIOS chip for free...

Hope this helps.

Merkor

Fewww!! i havent bought my new processor yet and I was actually debating as to wether or not I wanted a 1.6A or a 1.8A. This is more then enough for me to choose the 1.8A thanks.

Not all of the 1.6a won't initially boot. Besides, that's only with the "37" BIOS, if the TH7-II is a newer one (hasn't been gather dust on a shelf somewhere), then it'll have the "38" BIOS and all will be well.

Back