• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo for P42.26 with DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CJ145

It needs to be one of the best overclockers. I haved looked but as you can see in my sig I am confused. I need to be able to get the CPU to 3GHz with good memory and chip. It also needs to have suport for 2700DDR 512mb chips. At least two of those. Sugestions would be great.

if you want an INTEL-chipset, take the BD7-II... it has an unofficial DDR354-support!

or you take SIS... all this boards support DDR333 officially...

No don't get Asus P4B266! lol

It's no good at overclocking your memory. The best I can do on this motherboard is DDR316 using my expensive Corsair XMS2700C2 sticks. This motherboard is not the best overall overclocker. I'm going to soon sell it and get one of the following instead:

Abit BD7II or BG7

Asus P4B533-V <--- still hasn't got 3:4 ratio above 132MHz FSB but does have 4:3 & 4:5! So if you can make it to 160MHz FSB and your memory can do DDR400 then this mobo will rock. :)

Gigabyte GA-8IGXP

Not many choices right now that I know of for I850e.
Asus or Iwill.
Both have a max fsb setting of 150-156.
I850 the abit TH7-II seems to be the favorite.

BTW

You also might consider Asus P4S533

I got my rig with 1.8A and Corsair PC3000C2 running 2.7GHz+ on stock HSF (a bit hot though). Yet this Sis645dx 100% stable at DDR370 CAS2!

:beer:

ahh DMI my friend once again you beat me in the post... fear not for next time i will win! NEXT TIME I TELL YOU!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay okay okay...... umm what placid said is correct. So far the best (or should i say favorite) RDRAM board is the Abith TH7II it allows fora fsb of 250.. there a shiznit load of hacks for the bios and it supports the 1066 RDRAM! It bests the new asus board for 850e chipset (don't know how though).... so look into this board... Secondly the MP2000 won't overclcok to 3ghz! at best you can overclock amd's 200mhz more! AMD's truly do suck at overclocking, so i dont' know how you plan to get it to run at 3ghz....

Even the guys over at the amd forums will tellya right now the p4 northwood is the best chip to get! Besides too many people are having fun overclocking their p4's for it to be neglected!

Darryl_D said:
ahh DMI my friend once again you beat me in the post... fear not for next time i will win! NEXT TIME I TELL YOU!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay okay okay...... umm what placid said is correct. So far the best (or should i say favorite) RDRAM board is the Abith TH7II it allows fora fsb of 250.. there a shiznit load of hacks for the bios and it supports the 1066 RDRAM! It bests the new asus board for 850e chipset (don't know how though).... so look into this board... Secondly the MP2000 won't overclcok to 3ghz! at best you can overclock amd's 200mhz more! AMD's truly do suck at overclocking, so i dont' know how you plan to get it to run at 3ghz....

Even the guys over at the amd forums will tellya right now the p4 northwood is the best chip to get! Besides too many people are having fun overclocking their p4's for it to be neglected!

Hey Darr

Gotta agree, I just switched from AMD side myself. P4 Northwood makes a real overclocking compare to tose Athlons (I went through 3 AMD Athlons: 1.33GHz/1.4GHz/XP2000+) and the best you can pull out of them (without H2O cooling) is 10-15% or up to 200-250MHz.
I was stunned when my new P4/1.8A on P4S533 gave me 50% overclock to 2.7GHz out-of-the-box with almost no tweaking and Stock HSF!
It wasn't 100% reliable at that point, but now I'm settled at 2.65GHz (148x18 with DDR370 CAS2) and it's still beats the crap out of ANY AMD O/C, INCLUDING H2Os .
Over 47% overclock practically on the same funds as XP2100+ would go! Amasing.
Yet it is about 30% faster than competitive AMD setup.
(Not MegaFLOPS though, have to admit that AMD number crunching is a bit better, but who's here runs their rigs for pure math calculations only?)

WBR

I know it would not get that far thats why I posted it as best mobo for a P42.26. Now the Abit TH7II looks good even for the 5 PCI. Have a question though. The case will have 7 expansion slots where would the extra slot cover be?

well that last slot doesn't have to be used.... The board has a cnr slot (the brown thing before the pci slots start) this is used for modems and some sound (i think maybe that's acr... hmm whatever...) so if you really don't want to use any of those pci slots... i dunno for what particular reason as five will be more than you'll ever need...... but if that one slot really makes the difference to you... then go to www.mpipc.com ..... go to the components... modems and then something like cnr... and you can get a 56k modem that goes into the cnr slot... saving that one precious pci slot the original modem would have taken... (so to answer your question it does utilize al 7 bays)

of course you can use all PCIs, the last is only blocked, WHEN a CNR-Card is plugged in... IF NOT, you can use the PCI as normal as the others!

Detonator..... mostly all cases now a days come with 7 backplates for the slots.... and so 5 pci+1agp+1 cnr =7 so nothing will block anything else...

sorry for my bad english!
with "blocked" i meant reserved with an IRQ...

so only when using a CNR, the 6th PCI can´t be uses because the IRQ will be used for the CNR...

Detonator

You'd better lose those links in you sig before a moderator jumps your case. Only senior members or above can have personal links in the sig. Look up the rules on sigs.

Welcome to the forum. :D

I just realized that the abit TH7II is made for 400MHz fsb and the 2.26GHz proc. uses 533MHz fsb.:mad:

cjreis said:
I just realized that the abit TH7II is made for 400MHz fsb and the 2.26GHz proc. uses 533MHz fsb.:mad:

Shouldn't matter if you can ajust the mobo FSB. It can go much higher than the required 133/533. Mobo FSB clock drives the CPU. Guys are o/c already with this mobo.

Back