• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc1066 modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flapperhead

no doubt about it. Ld technology is for real. just opened up my ups box and out popped 2 brand new pc 1066 samsung modules. i gotta be the luckiest guy around!!!!! they sold these 128meg modules to me for 51 bucks apiece. What a steal!!!!! flapperhead

I think you were sold either fake ones or just PC-800, cause the PC-1066s should not be going for that cheap right now, especially Samsung.

Corsair PC-1066 ram just came out recently, and at GamePC.com they're selling the 128MB sticks for about $5 less than a 256MB stick of PC-800, or about $95.

What company did you get it from?

1066 for real!!!

i thought the same thing. worried the whole time it was being shipped.Here is the serial nos(mr16r0828bn1-cm9).(1066-35) the original samsumg sticker is on with an ink seal half on sticker half on the heat spreader.I guess it could be an elaborate fake. but it definitely looks to be the real thing. check it out for yourself.http://www.ld-technology.com/prod.php?id=02. the price is really great.

pc1066 real or not

i checked out the samsung website and the serial nos seem to check out .there seems to be 3 flavors of the 1066 1. the pc1066-35.pc1066-32 which i think is more desirable.3. the new 224 pin pc 4200 rimm that doesnt need pairs to work. it looks like the cm9 at the end denotes the 533mz speed. But i'll know soon if they bs'd me cause im gonna put them in my modded th7ll. it has 533 rambus generator clocks..... flapperhead

pc 1066

unfortunately i havent got all the parts yet, but i'll try do do a little booting with just the mb & ram to get some preliminary numbers. I'll let you know...flapperhead

Do you think if some 800 sticks are able to o/c to 1066... that some 1066 sticks will be able to o/c to 1200? Man that would be so great... :eek:

pc1066

judge, i think you"re absolutely correct! If thses modules are truly1066, i would think conservatively they should crank up to at least 1150. Initially i was gonna hold off for awhile till i got all the piece parts for my system, but since i started this thread i feel kinda responsible to get u guys some solid facts about these modules. im gonna try to partially put together this system to at least get some prelimiary boot numbers. i gotta a souped up th7ll mb with aftermarket clock generators(533mz). So if i can fire up the mb it sould tell me how good this ram is. Hopefully it is, and you guys can share in my good fortune too... Im gonna try for tonite or tommorow and ill check back... flapperhead

Re: pc1066

flapperhead said:
judge, i think you"re absolutely correct! If thses modules are truly1066, i would think conservatively they should crank up to at least 1150. Initially i was gonna hold off for awhile till i got all the piece parts for my system, but since i started this thread i feel kinda responsible to get u guys some solid facts about these modules. im gonna try to partially put together this system to at least get some prelimiary boot numbers. i gotta a souped up th7ll mb with aftermarket clock generators(533mz). So if i can fire up the mb it sould tell me how good this ram is. Hopefully it is, and you guys can share in my good fortune too... Im gonna try for tonite or tommorow and ill check back... flapperhead
when you get this up and running, let us know how it goes. i want to see if there is a need for the 533 chips.

Logical says that PC1066 is bound to overclock somewhat. But remember, this is new stuff, so the memory chip yields might not be as good as they will be in a few months. I too would be tickled pink if they'll do about 1150 MHz on average. I'd wet my pants if they'll do 1200 MHz.

good news just got an answer from samsung tech support. here is their answer.( The MR16R0828BN1-CM9 is PC1066 module but just an initial product, tRAC=35ns.)It seems these modules are in fact pc 1066, however it is an early version with a tRAC of 35 ns. maybe thats why i got them so cheap.most of the more expensive pc1066 has a Trac of 32ns. But again 51 bucks is hard to beat.

ALL 1066-32 sticks will OC to pc1200, 32ns is actually pc1200 they are just more conservative with the rating because PC1200 isnt officially supported by any chipset yet (someone needs to make the damn clockgens) 1066-35 is true 1066 rating. Ive heard of some 1066-32 modules going beyond pc1200, but not many people have motherboards capable of speeds over 1066 so its hard to tell at this point where instabilitys come from. :cool:

I just ordered two Samsung RDRAM PC1066 modules 256 MB MR16R1628AFO-CM for $135 a piece from componentsdirect.com

I should know in about a week whether they are any good or not.

Back