• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help/Not Getting Video At Startup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

When I start the computer, I hear everything go thru it motions, but I don't get video. It sound as if it's going thru the POST process, but I can't see it. The moniter stays in standby mode. I know the vid card is good. No beeps from the board. I just assembled the parts together to make this computer. But it all equals what it was originally and the vid card is the same one. System should be a P3-500Mhz. If the processor is bad, would I still POST?
Need help. Thanks.

not familiar with that board but you might want too reseat the ram,and try and get it to post with one stick.Also have you tried clearing the CMOS?sounds like ram thou soo I'd concentrate on that,and work out from there checking everything you plugged in,ie/proc(slot1?),IDE,AGP.You not getting no beep codes?

Back