• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My system... I NEED HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

Okay so my friend had an old more than 7 year (i think) pentium 233 mhz computer.... any upgrade would suffice him... but who knows better about pentiums 4 systems then you guys eh? Okay so here's my system i need your help on it...

-MSI 645E-MAX
-Kingston pc2100 ddr (i plan on changing it when i get money but i was on a really big budget for this!)
-ATI Rage 128 (also plan on changing but it was the cheapset video card... and as my friend was running on a pentium pro 233 mhz he really needed a new comp no matter what!.... I told him to save up his money and replace it...let's jsut say my heart's not kind enough to pay for his new video card as well ;))
Pentium 4 1.6A

A case for 30 dollars
and i had an old 300 watt power supply lying around that i tried to use... IT DIDN'T WORK all my friends got left is $25 dollars... i went online and this is the power supply i chose (NOTE: he doesn't ahve too many plug ins... just floppy and cdrom... he plans on adding a cdrw sometime this summer...) okay so go here http://www.colorcases.com/hard/hard.html look at the powersupply in letter"e" it's a 400 watt "colorcase powersupply" IT's AMD approved (but the only thing that is stopping me is that color case has it for use up to 1.4 ghz) the review say's that it's not a cheapo power supply.. and it is 400 watt what do you guys think? should i tell my friend okay on the psu or keep up the search?

Back