• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PIV mobos allow an FSB of up to 200 MHz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Had a lot of trouble with it at first. 1.8 Willy was not oc'ing. Badly implemented bios, memory ratio was hosed (same b/w for all ratio settings) and vcore voltage didn't work very well, could not get up to 1.85v even though it was in the bios setting. After a couple of bios revs chip would only go to 2.2 at best (safe mode) after vidpinning. After the 4th or 5th bios revision I could only get it to 2.0 but at least they fixed the voltage and memory badwidth issue.

As you can see, I had to go to a 1.6A to realize any kind of a decent overclock. My confidence in the board and it's poor bios history does not instill much confidence in it. For a $150 board I expected better. One other annoyance was that it will not even load my PCI Promise Fastrak RAID bios so I couldn't just bring my RAID set-up (board & drives) from previous BE6-2 setup, I had to use onboard RAID and start from scratch.

Back