• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a Frenchy with a weird PB!!! PLEASE!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alexator

Ok, First excuse me for my mistakes but I'm French....

I've just bought a soyo P4S dragon ultra with a P4 1.8 Northwood 256 DDR 2700 Samsung and i do have a ****ing problem:

I can raise my FSB from 100 to 133 step by step (110, 120, 127, 131 and 133....1.675V) and it works, no pb whatever the bentchmark I try it's stable.....and if I restart my computer it also keeps working

BUT

If I turn off my computer.... IT DOES NOT BOOT at all, and I can't jump directly from 100 to 133 I must raise everytime the FSB step by step!!!! WEIRD!!!!! ISN'T IT??!!!
My Bios is the last available one the Soyo Website (date 05/20/2002 I think)
Do you Have an idea of the explanation of it????
To find an solution I'm looking for a software permiting to change the FSB on Windows like softFSB or CPUFSB but those one don't recognize the MB and freeze everytime i try to start them...

SO PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE HHHEEEELLLPPPP MMMEEE!!!!!!

PS: the strangest thing about this MB is if you go in the CPU database of this site 3 guys have reached some very good frenquencies with a very long voltage!!!! do you know them, and how to contact them if it is possible?

Thanks for your help

Firstly, welcome to Overclockers.

This board does not perform very well with the Willamette chip. You need to be sure and flash the bios to the latest revision 2ba3 so that the vcore voltage works properly. secondly, I would try vidpinning the CPU for a higher default Vcore to help with the cold boot problem, although I am not sure it will cure it all together.

As you can see from my sig, I started out with a 1.8, but it would only go to 2.0, prior to the 2ba3 i actually got it to 2.2 but the bios and the board are somewhat flawed. The 2ba3 solved the vcore and memory bandwidth issues but I lost some speed. I had to switch to a Northwood to achieve a reasonable overclock and even then it is not entirely stable at 2.4Mhz.

I have the same setup you have and i have to do it step by step also, but how in the world did you get yours to work at 133 FBS
I get the blue screen of death, I have had it as high as 120 FBS one time, but it would restart when i ran 3DMark, then the blue screen, oh well, I guess (POS)...... this is the highest ive have it where it would run stable.

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3577513

I swear!!! it is working without any pb at 133 no freeze with 3Dmark or CPU Burner!!!! it's absolutly stable BUT I can't switch off my computer 'cause if i do it I have to retart all the steps from 100 to 133

i have also never gotten it that high. I'm thinking of trashing this board in favor of some other board if not for fhr the ddr333 support and the raid.

IT'S A VERY GOOD MOBO!!!

I'm just running a Pentium 4 1,6A@2,4GHz "stable as a rock"....but only with vid pin to 1,8Vcore....The System will start in "cold boot" only with vid pin.....enjoy it....

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This soyo has been trouble from day one the MB is always run hot and you have to spend almost 400 $ to get 1 stick of 1 Gig 2100 ddr . No support bios that lies etc.etc.etc..

Back