• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone using Kingston PC1066?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
I'm having trouble finding Samsung or Mushkin PC1066 in stock at reputable resellers and Corsair is too expensive. But, Kingston PC1066 seems to be everywhere. Is anyone using it yet, and if so could you report your success or failures. How good or bad is it? Inquiring minds wanna know.

hey batboy, that place where flapperhead got his samsung seems ok. i looked all over the web site and then proceeded to call them. the lady i spoke to took my name and number and said she would check with their warehouse and call me back. five minutes she called me back and said they were outta stock, and i could imagine at their prices, they are selling for pc800 prices. anyways, she said she would call me back when they are in stock.

I saw that thread too. I'm half tempted to order a pair of Samsung 256 meg PC1066 from them. That does look like a good deal, just never heard of that outfit before. A buddy is chopping at the bit to buy my old PC800 RDRAM, so I'd like to upgrade fairly soon while I still have a buyer for my old stuff.

Hi guys im new to this forum but ive been at AT for over 2 years now, im an Aavid overclocker and this is my 1st post here.

Im running a Vapochill, Northwood 2.0a, PC1066 rig right now, and i will have a pair of 128MB Kingston 1066 today (in about 10 hours from the time of this post), im in the middle of doing the wire mod for 1.85v. And ill let ya know how the kingston performs when i get it.

Im getting the ECC version because Neweggs pricewatch link for 1066 Kingston is mislinked to the ECC version of the chip (accident? i wonder) for the same price, i will leave ECC disabled as it kills performance anyway.

My TH7-II has been tested and runs at PC1200 with mushkin 1066-32 (samsung chips)

Im hoping i can kill the 2666mhz i get now with my [email protected]

Anyway i will let you guys know how it is as soon as i get it (kingston rep says it rocks, but of course, what else is a kingston rep gonna tell me) ;)

I like the idea of getting 32 ns RDRAM, even if the DRCG on my TH7-II can't can't handle that high speed yet. I can always replace the chips later if needed.

I just ordered two Samsung RDRAM PC1066 modules 256 MB MR16R1628AFO-CM for $135 a piece from componentsdirect.com

I should know in about a week whether they are any good or not.

Oh Crap! I hope I don't get reemed like everyone else has from componentsdirect.com

I should have checked resellerratings.com

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid...

I bought some Samsung PC1066 RDRAM modules from componentsdirect.com and they were remarked PC800. They tried to be clever by sticking a "Warranty Void if Removed" sticker over the part of the label that said PC800. They wouldn't run at 533FSB. After several phone calls, they've agreed to send me some Kingston modules instead.

DON'T BUY FROM COMPONENTSDIRECT.COM

Here's what the Better Business Bureau has to say abou them.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record based on a pattern of unanswered customer complaints. Some complainants allege the company fails to deliver ordered products. Other customers complain the company fails to issue refunds for returns or cancelled orders. The company responds to some complaints by shipping late orders, or, in some cases issuing requested refunds. A few complaints are closed as disputed, the customers are not always satisfied with the company's response. Many other complaints remain unanswered. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or dissapprove of any company, product or service

Back