• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Insane 1.6a temps HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zendel

Registered
Insane 1.6a and th7ii temps HELP!!

On the following system

P4 1.6a - cpu
Abit TH7ii - Raid - motherboard
2x256 Samsung RDRam

With the stock hsf and case cooling (two exhaust fans and power supply fan) I a got idle temps of 47c and load of 65c+ (a minute or two until I realized it and shut down).

I added two intake fans, added some arctic silver, and removed air obstructions (cleaning up the wires) and I am still getting idle temps of 44c and load temps of 62c. People have lower load temps than I have idle temps what gives?

Is it possible I have a defective cpu or motherboard?

Faizi

BTW This is not overclocked at all...

Last edited:
You should redo the heatsink step by step following all instructions for application of the ASIII. I know you put it on twice already but the third time may be a charm:)

well, actually 15~20C above mobo temp is kinda normal for a v.mod'ed P4, mine 1.775v, mobo 36C, cpu 53~56C running SETI 24/7.

but ur case temp definitly is too HOT tho!!! try to take off the side panel and see if it help. also, get a fan blow directly to it (opened side panel) to see if the case temp drop.... if so, u definitly need to rethink ur air flow inside ur case then.

Back