• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P2L97

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dsherm112

I rebuilt a system with an Asus P2L97 mobo. I tried to formatt a hd from another system on it. II attached the second hd as primary slave, but forgot to set the jumper as primary slave.

It wouldn't boot to the startup disc and when reconnected to the original hd wouldn't boot to w 98.

I tried to clear the cmos by shorting the small CLRTC solder points. I touched them with a screwdriver and a needle nose plier, but it didn't work.

My understanding is that you touch a metal object to both of these points at the same time. Is there a period of time to hold this? Am I wrong in my technique?

Any ideas on how to do this? Any ideas on how to get this machine booted to w 98.

Thanks

According to the manual that is the correct way to do it. You need to unplug it and short the pins. I do it for 15-30 seconds. Works for me. That should also fix your HD problem.

Hope this helps

Back