• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Socket 423 Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Titan386

Anyone know of a good P4 423 mobo? I am upgrading and I don't want to have to buy a new CPU (I currently have a 1.5gig). Only features that I absolutely need are decent o/cing abilities and RDRAM support. An onboard LAN would be nice too. Basically, the cheapest quality mobo with those features is what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

yuck man! that's is so disgusting a p4 1.5..... gosh take my advice upgrade that shiznit to a socket 478 board (on a side note didn't they say there were going to make converters for socket 423-478 i dunno man you should look into it) the board of choice that i would reccomend to you is the Abith TH7 (NOT the TH7II as it's socket 478) It's got all you would want.. but be warned at best that thing'll overclcok to 300mhz.... (and i'm rounding waaaaaaay up here!)

I would recomend the Asus P4T. Not to be confused with the P4T-E as its Socket 478.

BTW, I just fell and hurt my ankle badly when mmy phone rang.

AntmanMike said:
I would recomend the Asus P4T. Not to be confused with the P4T-E as its Socket 478.

BTW, I just fell and hurt my ankle badly when mmy phone rang.

I have the P4T and it's a good all around board. It will take my 1.8 up to 2069 (altho I'm not overclocked now) with standerd cooling on a stock Intel H/F.

BTW AntmanMike sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope it's feeling better.

Back