• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what kinda 850E mobo u guys suggest??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
title said it all.

was looking for the Iwill. however, my main concern is FSB! so, i'm looking for more like 165+FSB support!

any idea??

also, will nowaday's PC1066 run fine at 160+x4?? heard others said it'll be fine....... :rolleyes:

160+ FSB?

What kinda RDRAM you going to stick into 850E to support anything above 133MHz FSB?

As of my knowledge, you can barely get 133MHz FSB to achieve PC1066 on RDRAM.

How can you go any higher?

:rolleyes:

Depending on the PC1066 brand, samsung will probably reach 160x4. If oyu are referring to PC800, Samsung has a CHANCE of that. Your best bet is to get a P4T533-C if you are getting PC1066 RDRAM, or a P4T-E if you are getting PC800. Mind you that you should use a P4-B processor (133mhz) with the P4T533-C.

AntmanMike said:
Mind you that you should use a P4-B processor (133mhz) with the P4T533-C.

Is it true?

I thought that 1.6A/1.8A would do a much better job for less money on that mobo...

well to be frank... asus really crapped out on the p4t533-c boards, lots of people who have it are having problems... teh fsb won't get any higher than 150 fsb and the voltage is stuck at 1.7... so if you do get like a very overclockable cpu... your kinda just going to have to sit there and think to yourself how far could i push my system, if my motherboard let me get past 150 fsb.... personally i wouldn't get it just for htis.... i wanna see how far i can push my stuff, until it gives, call me a freak but hey we all got probs right?

Darryl_D said:
well to be frank... asus really crapped out on the p4t533-c boards, lots of people who have it are having problems... teh fsb won't get any higher than 150 fsb and the voltage is stuck at 1.7... so if you do get like a very overclockable cpu... your kinda just going to have to sit there and think to yourself how far could i push my system, if my motherboard let me get past 150 fsb.... personally i wouldn't get it just for htis.... i wanna see how far i can push my stuff, until it gives, call me a freak but hey we all got probs right?

Well that's practically what I meant...

By getting P4 2.26B or 2.4B you getting a lower multiplier. Hence since your FSB wold barely go over 150+, the higher multiplier, such as P4/1.8A will give you much better performance.

RE: Voltages, I planning to go with 1.8V Vcore mode that way you not depend on mobo.

Anyways, could anyone give me an answer to this:
What's the difference having P4/2.4B (18x133) vs P4/1.8A (at 18x133). It's looks like the same core, same instruction set = same CPU.

???

DMI+RY said:

Anyways, could anyone give me an answer to this:
What's the difference having P4/2.4B (18x133) vs P4/1.8A (at 18x133). It's looks like the same core, same instruction set = same CPU.

???

It is the same but the 2.4b will probably oc higher.

I agree 100% with the fsb thing, If there is a reason motherboard mfg's so far are limiting the fsb on i850e boards to equal the drcg's limit then even a 2.53b will be under 3ghz at max fsb on the motherboard.

first, i'm gonna use PC1066 memory if i'm getting a 850E mobo.

second, i was thinking to get another 1.6 or 1.8a then o/c to 2.5~2.6G or so. w/ v.core mod. of course. i have 2 that's doing around 2.6G right now.

the reason i'm asking is i have a 1.6a that could do 160x16 on DDR board, and thinking of moving it to RDRAM 'cos it crunch significant faster than DDR on SETI. if the mobo or (seems like) the 850E can't do that high FSB, then i'm gonna get a 1.8a.

i've heard most PC1066 could do 150FSB w/ no problem. actually, some saying they r doing 156FSB! that's why, i'm thinking of a good 850E mobo.......

Last edited:
my guess is that the 2.4b will probably overclock more... as people with the 1.8A on average only get around 2.6 ghz out of their chip... but the 2.4b will most likely be able to hit the 3 ghz mark.... (well just pray anyway that it does...) i can tell you have i 2.26b and it's hit the 3 ghz mark (I'm so proud of my baby) with 1.85 volts in it too! I brought the fsb down though, for everyday use it's alright... but for the benchies i don't think so... hope that helps

Back