• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair = Scam???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamasha_Strife

I've read in a few places that Corsair makes their RAM using Samsung chips and that people buying generic RAM which also uses Samsung chips get just as good results as with their Corsair RAM. Anyone has any thoughts on this?

I'll just say that corsair has to get their chips from somewhere.
Corsair is not a memory chip mfg.
Nor are Mushkin,Ocz,Twinmos or Extreme ddr.

They only accept the "best of the best" concerning the ram ..
And they also design the pcb which makes a big diff. over generic ..

Still I was gonna buy some PC3000 CL2 Corsair RAM but I might just go with PC2700 generic seeing how corsair is more than 2 times the price of the other while not nescesseraly being better...

Well, lessee, Corsair has a warranty and answers the phone in English, whereas the makers of Flying Rooster Turbo RAM are in a tin shack in Shanghai next door to the Nike T-shirt sweatshop. .. ... ....

Tamasha_Strife said:
Still I was gonna buy some PC3000 CL2 Corsair RAM but I might just go with PC2700 generic seeing how corsair is more than 2 times the price of the other while not nescesseraly being better...
But Corsair's is GUARANTEED to run the rated speed, if not, they will send you one that will. Getting generic it is hit or miss. Oh and BTW, my XMS 2700 will do TURBO settings at 200 FSB.

Alright alright, I guess I'll get corsair then. although this nearly DOUBLES the price of the upgrade I wanna make!

I hear ya ..
Im about to spend 100 on a power supply ..
When Im used to about 30 bucks ...

Gotta have quality if you want stabilty !!

Back