• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S333 big problems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingK@zor

Registered
I have just bought An Asus P4S333 motherboard and a P4 1.6 Northwood and installed winxp but I got 2 major problems

1:It cant find anything i connect to the ide2 connector..I have tried harddrive and cd-rom but it only finds them when i have them connected to ide1...

2:No matter what i do it refuses to find my microsoft optical wheel mouse that is connected to the usb-port

If anyone with this mb or anyone that have any help on what to do please help me out...

For now i can only use 1 hd and my cdrw both connected to the ide1

For the second IDE problem:

In my P4S533 there is this option in the BIOS setup:

- Onboard PCI IDE Enabled [Both]

Check if your BIOS has the same option and set to 'Both'.

I hope this help you.

Best regards.

I've had a similar problem with my P4S533 and almost RMAed it.

First, as noted above, make sure you have BOTH IDE channels enabled.

If it oesn't help (like in my case) - disconnect optional USB cables from motherboard.
In my case the labeling of USB port coming from the case was somewhat misleading.

Once I disconnected USB optional USB port IDE channel 2 began to work properly.

Also I noticed, that you can have all 6 USB ports connected (for P4S533) as long as you use standard USB add-on card that comes with mobo or make a proper case-to-mobo connection.

Good luck.
;)

Thanks

Im glad for yoyr answers but DMI+RY could you please explain a little easier what you meant, Im swedish and my english isnt superb...

Thanks a lot guys

Both enabled

I checked the bios and both ide was enabled, so that was not the problem..Hopefully the usb thing would help me and if someone could explain more detailed how to do it please help me out

USB issue?

As I said before, in my case both USB were enabled in BIOS as well.

I also had USB port coming from case (like many wires which you connect one by one to the motherboard). Once I have disconnected that USB port, IDE2 began to work.

So try first disconnecting all USB connected to mainboard (not the built-in USB).

Once you've done it, start your PC and you should be able to see device(s) that connected to your IDE2 right in the BIOS.

If it happened, then you have a bad USB connector - usually copuple of wires mixed up.

Again in my case in happened because all wires for that case's USB port were separeted, no in the single connector.

Good Luck.

Back