• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cold boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marcxs

Registered
I'm occasionally still getting cold boots with the new 40_B bios. Here is what I'm running. 150fsb x 16 / AGPClock 2/5 = 60Mhz
Core V is 1.725 , RDRAM=300, Diff current =4. Hardware doc says voltage is 1.58 to 1.60 CPUTemps get up around 46-48 under load.(Thermaltake 7+) I have had not much success going above these settings. It'll run for a short time around 2600 with voltage at 1.8 then windows xp pro seems to get unstable. starts loosing config files etc. Any suggestions would be most appreciated Thanks in advance. I can live with the occasional cold boot but would like to try to get stable at higher speeds

That BIOS has not been optimized for cold boot (it's modified from the old "38" BIOS). You probably are using it still because it offers higher voltages, but the newer BIOS updates (7D and 7E) are more stable. You can always use a voltage mod if you need more than 1.7v setting. Sounds like at 2.6 gig you've about reached the usable max, which is typical for a Northwood.

Last edited:
Back